[AG-TECH] GetData() problem in wxPython shared application

Stephen Jeffrey sjj at maths.uq.edu.au
Tue Apr 12 18:58:34 CDT 2005

Thanks Susanne. If I initialise the variable before
calling GetData(), and then test using

if self.file:

it seems to work OK.

I now have another problem - the data does not get deleted
from the application service when all copies of the application
are terminated. The very first time the application is started,
it reports there is no data stored, as it should. However if
I terminate the application and then restart it, it reports
that there is existing data. The only way to delete the data
appears to be to delete the shared app from the venue client
window, and then add the shared app again (using the Start
Application Session option under the Venue menu in the venue
client window). Is this normal behaviour, or do I have to
somehow manually delete the data when the application terminates?

cheers
steve