[AG-TECH] AG security and multicast ?

Brian Corrie bcorrie at sfu.ca
Mon Apr 11 11:38:16 CDT 2005

Hi All,

Just a comment that I have based on what our users have said. This is in
comparison to VRVS, which many of our users utilize. The ability to be
able to set an access password on a venue would be a good thing. This is
fairly weak security, but would meet many user's needs.

The VRVS model is to set up a meeting, have the meeting organizer set
the password, email/phone the password to particpants, and away you
go... If that was done on an encrypted room, it may gives a lot of the
required functionality without some of the overheads. From a security
standpoint, not terribly strong perhaps, but...

Just some thoughts...

Brian