[AG-TECH] multiple video capture machines?

Jon Johansson jon.johansson at ualberta.ca
Mon Sep 27 18:11:09 CDT 2004

Is it possible for me to configure a node to use video
streams from two machines with video capture cards?

I have equipment for a couple of nodes now and I'm experimenting
before the equipment gets moved to try to find a way to get
around limitations with capture cards. I want 4 streams from
our node but can only get two streams from each of two machines.

I would like to configure the node with 1 display, 1 video capture
(2 streams), 1 video and audio capture (2 streams).

I know that I can run the three machines as two separate nodes:
Node 1: 1 display, 1 video and audio capture (2 streams)
Node 2: PIG delivering 2 video streams
and deliver the 4 video streams but I don't see how to
configure this as a single node i.e. in going through the
node configuration wizard I don't see an option for including
more than one video capture machine. Is there a text file that
I can edit for this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon.

--
Jon I Johansson             *  Research Computing Support
jon.johansson at ualberta.ca   *  Computing and Network Services