[AG-TECH] Best single machine *Linux* hardware setup

Jeremy Mann jeremymann at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 10:38:25 CDT 2004

John, our AG node has always been Linux based and we are extremely
pleased with the performance. Its a dual Xeon 3.2 gHz with 2 gigs RAM.
Motherboard is a Tyan S2668 with onboard gigabit ethernet and
soundcard. The soundcard works great with the ALSA drivers. Video is a
G200 MMS quad output. Video capture consists of 3 Hauppage WinTV
capture cards. Distribution is Slackware 10.

Even with a large AG conference consisting of 50-60 streams, the
system load is 88% idle.

--
Jeremy