[AG-TECH] Best single machine *Linux* hardware setup

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 27 10:16:03 CDT 2004

Right, I was just pointing out a nice fast linux box. I think you want to
leave yourself "headroom" if you're buying only one box.

Bob's point on agp/pci is well taken, but you should consider if the card is
a 64bit/66MHz or what, the bandwidths are all well known at this point and
there *still* aren't many (if any) 4 headed AGP cards that are known to work
with linux...or windows...

http://www.just2good.co.uk/index.php?ITFrameSet.php?ioBusTypes.htm is a nice
summary of bus data, you can do the missing pieces yourself, a 64/66 bus
will be roughly equivalent to the AGP(2x) line in the table.

--Ivan