[AG-TECH] rat problem with AGTk 2.x

Almuth Barta almuth.barta at aei.mpg.de
Mon Sep 20 08:23:14 CDT 2004

Hello,

We have an AGN, running on W2k, with AG 1.2 as PIG, which is running
very stable at the moment.

Now we are trying to upgrade to AGTk2.x (I tested with 2.1, 2.2 and
2.3beta till now) on a WinXP machine.
The main problem is, that the rat tool stops sending/receiving audio
after a few minutes (1-10 minutes).
I have no idea why this happens. As the AG 1.2 is running stable on the
other machine, I also installed the AG1.2 Version on this XP machine to
run the old rat tool. Unfortunately, this had the same behaviour as the
new rat tool on the XP machine. It also stopped after a few minutes. We
have the same hardware for the W2k and WinXP machines, esp. the same
audio card.

Has anybody an idea for solving the problem?

Thanks
Almuth Barta

Almuth Barta
Systemadministratorin
Max-Planck-Institut für Gravitationsphysik / Albert-Einstein-Institut
Am Mühlenberg 1,  D-14476 Potsdam-Golm
Tel.: +49 (0)331 567 7304   Fax:  +49 (0)331 567 7298
e-mail: almuth.barta at aei.mpg.de