[AG-TECH] AG2.3 shared applications problems

Susanne Lefvert lefvert at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Sep 16 16:31:58 CDT 2004

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, Hengzhi Zhong wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have installed AG2.3 for a PIG.  The PIG is on windows
> XP.  SharedBrowser, SharedQuestionTool, and PowerPoint are already included
> in the shared applications.  However, when I tried to open SharedBrowser,
> nothing shows up.  I could open SharedQuestionTool just fine.
>
> Later I installed SharedRasmol.  I could add SharedRasmol to the
> applications, but when I clicked on it to open, nothing showed up.
>
> It seems to that other than SharedQuestionTool, none of the shared
> applicatiosn can open on the PIG.  Why is that?  What should I do?

Did you have an earlier version of the toolkit installed before you got
2.3? Sometimes, old shared applications are causing newer ones to fail.
You could try renaming C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application
Data\AccessGrid\Config\ApplicationDatabase and see if that
helps.  If that does not work, please send me your SharedBrowser.log file
from C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\AccessGrid\Logs.

> Also, what is the difference between Open and Open for All?  When should I
> use Open and when should I use Open for All?

If you select Open for All, every participant in the venue will get an
invitation to join the application session.  If you select Open, only
your client will start.

Regards,

Susanne