[AG-TECH] Bridgeserver 2.3 compatibility issues

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Thu Sep 16 11:40:19 CDT 2004

Has anyone else encountered compatibility issues with version 2.3
BridgeServer and older 2.1 clients? We recently upgraded our server to 2.3
and today we are hosting a workshop. All of the 2.1 clients that connected
received an error message from our BridgeServer:

Cannot connect to streams

However, two 2.3 clients could use the Bridge with no problems. Luckily I
had a listing of multicast addresses and ports our Bridge uses, so the 2.1
clients had to start vic and rat manually.

Any thoughts or similar issues?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu