[AG-TECH] AG support

Patrick Johnson pjohnson at imsav.com
Tue Sep 14 17:07:26 CDT 2004

I've been tasked with building an Access Grid Node.  Reading the Access
Grid Hardware Specification by Robert Olson, it recommends building a
Display computer running windows 2000 pro, a Video Capture computer
running an AG distribution of Red Hat Linux, an Audio Capture computer
running the AG linux distribution, and a control computer running
windows 98.

I was looking at the website
http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/software/download.htm
l and notice that there was support for Windows XP.

My questions are ... Is there any reason I shouldn't use Windows XP and
can I use XP in place of Red Hat?

Also, is there a step by step document on building a node on windows XP?

Thanks,

Patrick Johnson

Integrated Media Systems

1260 N. Fee Ana