[AG-TECH] Echo cancellation

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Tue Sep 14 17:40:37 CDT 2004

At 11:54 AM 14/09/2004 -0500, Jeremy Mann wrote:
>Can somebody recommend a budget echo canceller? Our Gentner died and
>we are participating in the Genomics conference next week so we need
>to find a replacement fast.

Define 'budget' :-)

Gentner/ClearOne have a couple of models, Polycom/ASPI have a larger range and in general I have found them cheaper than the equivalent Gentners (your country may vary :-) ). There's also the CallPort, but I'm not sure if that's been EOL'ed. Then there are companies that have licensed the Gentner and ASPI technologies in their own boxes.

You can go from single-channel EC up to almost any number of channels. With fewer channels you have to do more work mixing the audio inputs, and they become less adaptive to changing room conditions. But for an urgent need, or a small room, they may suffice.

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures             |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au                        |Fx: +61 2 61259805
The Australian National University, Canberra 0200 |Mob: 0417 281429