[AG-TECH] what --insecure does, and what should it do?

David G Mills dgm at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Sep 14 08:54:30 CDT 2004

When I run the VenueClient with the --insecure parameter the client
launches fine, however, when I try to connect to a venue server the client
doesn't connect and the debugging output shows AG crashing ad complaining
about its own code. Here's what I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/VenueClient.py",
line 841, in EnterVenue
    self.__EnterVenue(URL)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/VenueClient.py",
line 712, in __EnterVenue
    (venueState, self.privateId, self.streamDescList ) =
self.__venueProxy.Enter( self.profile )
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/Venue.py", line
3339, in Enter
    (r1, r2, r3) = self.proxy.Enter(profile)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/SOAPpy/Client.py", line
465, in __call__
    return self.__r_call(*args, **kw)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/SOAPpy/Client.py", line
487, in __r_call
    self.__hd, self.__ma)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/SOAPpy/Client.py", line
359, in __call
    config = self.config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/SOAPpy/Client.py", line
160, in call
    r = GSIHTTP(real_addr, tcpAttr = config.tcpAttr)
AttributeError: SOAPConfig instance has no attribute 'tcpAttr'

this attribute simply doesn't exist with the '--insecure' flag passed on
startup. However without '--insecure' the attribute exists and is always
set to None. I think the problem is that it's thinking the venue
server addr protocol is httpg, and thus is looking for this 'tcpAttr'
attribute, in order to call GSIHTTP(real_addr, tcpAttr = confif.tcpAttr)

[this is taking place withing SOAPpy.client.py]

so, I'd like to know if someone can tell me where this attr.proto
attribute is set, as it would appear its being set incorrectly and not
taking the --insecure flag into account.

Thanks,

David.