[AG-TECH] Building failure - strange behaviour with pyGlobus

Chris Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Sep 6 08:26:52 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 15:34, Joseph wrote:
> Hi
>
> In fact, since the Beta2 release, my build isn't working anymore. The
> pyGlobus module isn't build. In my build output, I find a lot of :
> "Building pyGlobus
> Checking for which modules to build
> Checking the util module
> Missing dependency to build the util package.
> This package is required to build all of pyGlobus.
> The following is the error message from globus-makefile-header.
> ('No packages were found that matched your query!\n',)
> Now exiting from the build."
> And so on, then
> "ImportError: No module named pyGlobus"
>
> Nothing had changed between the Beta1 and the Beta2 on my pc, so I filed a
> bug report but apparently it wasn't one, the trouble should be with my
> installation of environment variables.

I believe this is due to a change in packaging/BuildPythonModules.py, in
which the value of the flavor argument when building pyGlobus for linux
has recently changed from 'gcc32pthr' to 'gcc32dbgpthr' (at line 71).

Reverting to
  flavor = 'gcc32pthr'
allows a build to complete and allows the post installation script
AccessGrid-Postinstall.py to complete without error. It also allows
certmgr.py to run again, so I suspect it will allow VenueClient to run
again too (all of these previously had the same run time error about
lack of pyGlobus), but I'm currently not anywhere I can test that till
tomorrow morning.

Still, I guess there was some reason to change flavor's value from
'gcc32pthr' to 'gcc32dbgpthr', which a reversion won't help.

chris

--
Chris Willing                     Phone: +61 7 3365 8350
University of Queensland          Email: willing at itee.uq.edu.au
St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia