[AG-TECH] Remore controlled cameras

Ulrich Schwenn schwenn at rzg.mpg.de
Thu Oct 28 00:08:56 CDT 2004

Richard,

do you really mean remote, i.e. any (a) or at least one (b)
participating node should be allowed to control your camera(s)?.
Case (a) would lead to chaos, because n different people will have n
different views makes n! possibilities, thus (b) will never assure an
optimal position.
Case (b) could be useful, if you can trust somebody and dont have the
time or manpower do do it on your own site.
If you just mean remote but in your room, this is of course useful, but
then you can use the standard RS.232 control of your Sony.
If you have an audience, where people might feel supervised by external
remote control it could become interesting for the unions.
So better keep camera control under your control.

Regards

Ulli

--
Dr. Ulrich Schwenn

Head of Multimedia and Videoconferencing Group
Computing Center Garching
Max-Planck-Gesellschaft &
Max-Planck-Institut für Plasmaphysik
Boltzmannstr. 2, D-85748 Garching