Access Control lists - Was (Re: [AG-TECH] Idea for creating "observer only" venues)

Brian Corrie bcorrie at sfu.ca
Mon Oct 25 12:07:42 CDT 2004

Hi All,

Since we are talking about restricting access, I thought I would pose a
slightly different question.

We have been experimenting (unsuccessfully) with access control lists on
our VenueServer. It isn't clear to me how to restrict access to a given
venue on our server to only a certain list of users.

What we want to be able to do is to create a venue that will only allow
certain people into it. In the Venue Management we go to the security
tab. It opens the window where we can create roles and assign actions to
roles. What we want to be able to do is create a role that is something
like "Access Venue" and provide it with the ability/action to "enter
venue". We would like to deny entry to all other users...

Is that possible??? We can not figure out a way to do that at the
moment. Are we missing something simple???

Cheers,

Brian