[AG-TECH] Sony EVI-D70 camera turns off

Gavin W. Burris aka 86 ga5in at psu.edu
Thu Oct 21 12:48:07 CDT 2004

Yeah.  There is also an AutoPowerOff option.  These are the VISCA
serial-something commands, which you need a VISCA controller panel and
special cables to access.  I bought this camera on the recommendation
that is is the next gen replacement for the EVI-D30.

The camera turns off after ONE minute, even when something is lit and
moving infront of it.  It comes with a remote, a mounting kit, a
manual and that's it.  You can't set the values with the remote, and
the defaults should have these options set off.  There is no way I'm
buying a camera control panel just to disable the auto-off timer.

It's a shame.  This is a really nice camera and it is useless to me.