[AG-TECH] Alternative to AP400 Gentner?

Joe Reitzer joer at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 12 11:04:00 CDT 2004

Hi Lee,

At TRECC we use the Polycom ASPI EF2280.  It has built in Noise Cancelling
that can be dialed in on each mic channel - value of 0-15.  TRECC has a lot
of HVAC noise that other sites do not hear when we are in session.  The NC
works great.  The ASPI's are more sophisticated then the Gentner as far as
control software goes.  We have two units that can be bussed together to
create a 16 mic channel system.  By design it is a 12x12 matrix mixer(8
mic,4 line).

At 09:20 AM 10/12/2004 -0600, Lee Derks wrote:
>Hello,
>
>     I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for alternatives to a
> gentner setup for a large classroom? I have thought about using the
> ClearOne AccuMic II but I do not think that would be powerful enough for
> our setup. We have a 20+ person classroom with some overhead noise.
>
>Thank you,
>Lee Derks
>
>/**********************************
>*Lee Derks                            *
>*TVN Systems Technologist   *
>*Phone: 505/277-2282           *
>*Fax: 505/277-2319               *
>*Email: <mailto:derksL at unm.edu>derksL at unm.edu      *
>***********************************/

Joe Reitzer - Coordinator of Technological Services

Technology Research Education Commercialization Center
University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana

TRECC
2700 International Drive
Suite 305
West Chicago, IL 60185