[AG-TECH] Alternative to AP400 Gentner?

Markus Buchhorn Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au
Wed Oct 13 01:46:41 CDT 2004

At 09:20 AM 12/10/2004 -0600, Lee Derks wrote:
>   I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for alternatives to a gentner setup for a large classroom? I have thought about using the ClearOne AccuMic II but I do not think that would be powerful enough for our setup. We have a 20+ person classroom with some overhead noise.

That'll probably take 3 or 4 fixed mikes to cover, so a single-channel echo canceller won't be a great choice (although you can do magic with a good mixer, but they don't adapt to changing conditions). Besides the XAP400 you could also look at the Polycom/ASPI Vortex - they have a range of systems from single-channel EC to 12 channel (8-channel EC), and are very good products (I have 3 of the EF2280, and am extremely happy with them. Other audio bits I have issues with :-) ). The Vortex can do lots of very nice, and complex, filtering amongst other things.

Cheers,
        Markus

Markus Buchhorn, ANU Internet Futures             |Ph: +61 2 61258810
Markus.Buchhorn at anu.edu.au                        |Fx: +61 2 61259805
The Australian National University, Canberra 0200 |Mob: 0417 281429