[AG-TECH] Development issue: AllocationMulticastLocation

Randy Groves randy.groves at boeing.com
Fri Oct 8 17:39:38 CDT 2004

I have a similar question - although I haven't poked around in the code yet.

I've got a Shared WhiteBoard app in the works.  Fairly simple - essentially
just a wrapper around wbd - which runs on Windows and Linux (although I
haven't worked on the Linux startup part yet).  Right now it just hardwires
a multicast address and port to do the communication.  What I'm thinking of
doing is extracting the multicast address and port of the video stream and
allocating a port that isn't being used on that address.  Then keeping
track of that somehow, so that a second white board in the same venue would
get a still different port.

So, first question - is there anything basically wrong with this approach?

And second - are the hooks available and documented (pointers to code is
fine) that will give me the current multicast address and port of the
streams in a venue?

Thanks!!

-randy