[AG-TECH] Development issue: AllocationMulticastLocation

Socrates Varakliotis S.Varakliotis at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 8 06:23:43 CDT 2004

Hi:

I was looking into AccessGrid/Venue.py, around line 926. There is a
method AllocateMulticastLocation() to allocate a Network Location. This
code is used by the Venue Server.

I was wondering whether I could have a handle from within this method to
the Venue Management options.

My problem is this:
Say I want to check whether RANDOM or INTERVAL address allocation method
has been selected from Venue Management. I can do this:

allocMethod = self.server.addressAllocationMethod

and check with some if conditions whether allocMethod=='random' or
allocMethod=='interval', + other blah blah.

What if I need to check against other "settings" from the Venue
Management, e.g.: what if I want to detect whether static address
allocation has been selected, or one of the dynamic methods? Is there
any attribute in the server's class to hold this information, or should
I add one?

Any ideas/help appreciated.

Best regards,
--