[AG-TECH] ntp-1.accessgrid.org

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Fri Oct 8 09:10:37 CDT 2004

I got a question regarding the 2.3 VenueClient and NTP. When a 2.3 client
connects to our venueserver, I get a popup message saying the time on the
server is 3786 seconds off from ntp-1.accessgrid.org. Why is this check
being done? Our server isn't in the same timezone as ANL, so right now we
can only login to the ANL server.

Can I edit the python file and change that reference to our NTP server? If
I do change it, will that mean our client can't connect to the ANL venues
anymore?

--
Jeremy Mann
jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu