[AG-TECH] Access grid Hardware , expensive !

S.Booth spb at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Fri Oct 1 08:16:15 CDT 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, Marie-Noelle Dauphin wrote:

> Now we are thinking that perhaps Two or three PC will be better ...
> with atk 2.3 because  when there is more than  6 participants with vic  , it's difficult to move the vic windows ..

I get the sticky window problem because I have a dual CPU display node
and W2K is stupid and spends all its time flicking the VIC process between
the CPUs. If you use the task manager to set processor affinity for the
vic process the sticky windows problem goes away. Of course you have to
re-do this every time you switch rooms :-(

			Stephen