[AG-TECH] RH EL 3 - VenueServer Issue

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Fri Nov 19 18:32:32 CST 2004

Hi Todd,

> I'm having an issue trying to get a VenueServer to run on Red Hat
> Enterprise 3.
>
> Venueclient seems to operate fine (although I haven't tried with a service
> manager...) but the VenueServer has the traceback below when launched.

>   File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_xmlplus/dom/minidom.py", line
> 817, in createDocument
>     doctype.parentNode = doctype.ownerDocument = doc
> AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'parentNode'

As that file is from the PyXML package, I suspect upgrading to
PyXML-0.8.3-1.i386.rpm from the FC1 distribution will fix the problem. I
can't confirm it at the moment, but someone previously on the list mentioned
that on RH9 they installed PyXML-0.8.3-1.i386.rpm from FC1.

If  that's the case, I'll put a RPM dependency of PyXML >= 0.8.3, in
AccessGrid-2.3-6.i386.rpm before it is released.

Cheers,
Doug