[AG-TECH] BridgeServer trouble

Christoph Willing willing at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Nov 15 06:54:48 CST 2004

On 15/11/2004, at 7:36 PM, Michael Braitmaier wrote:

> HEllo chris!
>
> I am using a quite small port range with our bridgeserver here at our
> institute, only allowing a port range of 4 ports, which is exactly
> what is needed to bridge one room. For example:
>
> #HLRS AG Room on ANL Server
> [https://hume.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/
> 000000f5569d3f0a008c00dd000b003761b]
> type=Venue
> portMin=50096
> portMax=50099
>
> Two ports are allocated for audio (in/out) and two ports are allocated
> for video (in/out).
>
> Works quite stable.

Michael,

Since you had success, I just tried mine again and it worked fine.

I did do one thing differently and this seems to be significant. My
original port number range was portMin=24000, portMax 24004 ( they were
just commented out in the bridge.conf file). I changed them to 24000 &
24003 and it worked perfectly. When I changed back to the original
24000 & 24004, I had errors again,namely:
     can't bind ucaddr to socket!: Address already in use

When I changed back to 24000 & 24003 and problem disappeared. So its
working now, but I think something is still not quite perfect in the
port allocation.

So West, thats something else you could try: I see that your port range
was 24000-24006. What happens if you try portMin=24000 and
portMax=24003?

chris

Christoph Willing                        Ph: +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager
University of Queensland