[AG-TECH] beaconserver

Marius Schamschula marius at physics.aamu.edu
Thu Nov 4 15:19:46 CST 2004

David,

If it were that easy.

We're still running AG 1 (for the next week or two before wiping the
hard drives on both the Linux and XP machines).

Installing v 1.1 on the linux box the perl search path is incapable of
finding the .pm modules. It appears our perl install is too old...

The windows version is looking for a .dll that does not exist in Python
2.3.4.

Just for fun I tried compiling it on a Mac OS X box. The compile dies
with

/usr/local/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin6.8/3.5-tree-ssa-lno/include/
stdlib.h:222: error: conflicting types for 'user_from_uid'
/usr/include/pwd.h:123: error: previous declaration of 'user_from_uid'
was here
make[2]: *** [crypt_random.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

What a joy...

On Nov 4, 2004, at 1:30 PM, David McNabb wrote:

> Switch to the new one; the old one will go away soon.
> If you are on an WIN XP machine, use Ivan's port below.
> Otherwise grab the client off the project pages.
>
> NLANR Multicast Beacon Central Server v1.1:
>   http://beacon.dast.nlanr.net
>
> NLANR Multicast Beacon project info:
>   http://dast.nlanr.net/Projects/beacon
>
> Ivan's WIN port of MC Beacon Client v1.1
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~judson/common-1.1.win32-py2.3.exe

Marius
--
				  Marius Schamschula, Ph.D.
The Center for Hydrology, Soil Climatology and Remote Sensing

       http://wx.aamu.edu - http://www.aamu.edu/hscars/
http://optics.physics.aamu.edu/ - http://www.physics.aamu.edu/