[AG-TECH] AG 2.3 Win w/Xentera GT 4AGP

Fred Dech fdech at uchicago.edu
Tue Nov 2 08:55:46 CST 2004

one of our collaborators recently got a couple of systems with this card.
i install AG2.3 on the WIN machines and have been experiencing the following:
when i open video streams from the VIC and manipulate them both processors
max out pretty frequently (about every 3-5 seconds).  the system of course
hangs for a couple seconds during these spikes.  so it is a real PITA to get
the video windows placed.
once i've stopped fiddling with the VIC, this behavior subsides.
i thought it might be in some way related to the card since both of these
new systems do this.  otherwise they are pretty much identical to a system
we've had that never acted up in this way.
i've not had this behavior with any of our systems running AG2.3.

thanks.

--fred