[AG-TECH] Symptom of AG2.2/TVS incompatibility?

Brian Corrie bcorrie at sfu.ca
Fri May 28 16:15:27 CDT 2004

Hi Randy,

Although I haven't tried to go to the Argonne TVS, I have used our local
venue server (which is 2.1.2) with a 2.2 client and it has seemed to
behave relatively well.

I have noticed some coexistence problems between 2.1.2 and 2.2 on
Windows. I tried to keep both on my machine at the same time, and
although for the most part it seemed to work at the install, the run
time had some problems. The ServiceManager would not start with 2.2 (I
had to start it explicitly) and I had trouble configuring and storing
node configurations. If I wiped off my 2.1.2 client all seemed to be happy.

A word of warning. As far as I can tell the Shared App stuff is not
compatible between the two versions. Thus if you have a 2.1.2 venue
server with 2.1.2 shared apps in a venue, it appears that you can not
run the shared apps (probably not too surprising) in the 2.2 client. If
anyone at Argonne would like to comment on this (whether you think we
should be able to or not that would be appreciated).

I have not tried putting a 2.2 Shared App in a 2.1.2 venue and running
it with a 2.1.2 client. Would you expect any of this to work 8-)

Cheers,

Brian