[AG-TECH] RAT echo problem

Paul Wilson p.b.wilson at ucl.ac.uk
Thu May 27 04:24:01 CDT 2004

Hi

During a PIG session between UCL, Cambridge and Ri today, all
participants except the Ri received clear echoes of each other in their
headphones. SO bad, in fact, that it was the shortest AG session ever.

We haven't noticed this problem before. It occurred no matter whether we
were using true multicast via the eMinerals virtual venue, or connecting
via VIC/RAT over the command line from our project bridge machine in
Cambridge- We tried both.

Any ideas what might be causing this?
Also, why might a remote participant get two or three RAT images of me?
Does my PIG not clean up previous sessions?

Paul.

Paul Wilson
eMinerals Project
Dept. of Earth Sciences