[AG-TECH] planned video conferencing facilities

Jeremy W Herr herrj at umich.edu
Wed May 26 13:20:23 CDT 2004

Hello All,
	For your interest, I am attaching an Excel file (consisting of 3
"sheets" listing the parts for the 2 videoconferencing facilities we are
going to set up, one here at U-M High Energy Physics, and one for the
U-M ATLAS team at CERN.  It's almost completely finished, but some of the
prices for the CERN site will probably end up being higher.
	These are to be multi-purpose facilities, that can operate either
in Polycom mode, or in VRVS mode.  The U-M site is to also be an
AccessGrid node.  At some point I'll make a diagram of how exactly it's
set up and distribute that, and we'll put up a web page describing it.

	If anyone has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them, and if
anyone wants to glance at my list and tell me if they think something
isn't right, I'd be EXTREMELY grateful, since this is the first time I've
done this.  I'll start ordering equipment tomorrow, but it will be done in
waves.

Cheers,

Jeremy

herrj at umich.edu - http://cern.ch/jherr
U-M Physics - office 734-647-5462, fax 734-763-9694