[AG-TECH] Re: AG 2.2 Alpha - node services do not start when entering a venue

Ivan R. Judson judson at mcs.anl.gov
Mon May 10 13:18:32 CDT 2004

The original alpha snapshot is known to not start the services and shared
apps don't work either. We're working on these problems and plan to announce
when things change functionally (stay tuned).

As for your question about vic and rat not being in bin, the reason you
didn't find them is because that's not where they go now. They are unpacked
and installed as part of the audio or video node services. This is a change
from previous versions of the toolkit. The underlying tools are kept in node
service specific locations which allow us to use multiple different
configurations -- we could now support having and openmash vic video service
(which would enable H.263).

Don't look for random media tools to reappear in the bin directory, we're
not planning on that happening.

--Ivan