[AG-TECH] Struggling with starting of producer service and encapsulated executable

Michael Braitmaier braitmaier at hlrs.de
Thu May 6 05:08:53 CDT 2004

Currently I am trying to incorporate a simple executeable into my
VideoProducerService-derived own ProducerService., but I can't figure
out some aspects of how the producer service works.
Especially I am stuck with the start method of the service. As far as I
understand it, for example the Videoproducer service does nothing more
than calling vis with appropriate parameters passed in the options
array. Therefore I wanted to replace vic by my own executeable and
accordingly change the options passed to the called AGService._Start
method. But when I remove the options
self.streamDescription.location.host and
self.streamDescription.location.port my producer service can't be added
to my service manager because the service manager reports that the
service is unreachable. I thought these values are only needed for vic
to be able to broadcast its video stream and receive video streams, so I
should be able to pass my own server information format at this point
which is understandable by my executeable. So what do I have to pay
attention to when replacing vic with my own executeable concerning the
start method of the producer service, to avoid my service being
unreachable ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Michael

--