[AG-TECH] access grid newbie help

Aaron Lafferty lafferty at oar.net
Mon May 3 10:00:31 CDT 2004

Hi again all!

Well I have the time synced up between the boxes to within 1 second of
each other.  Sadly the linux boxes absolutely do not want to use
ntp-1.accessgrid.org but the windows box will.  So they sync to the US
Naval Observatory time standard and that works fine.

However, the node manager wizard still claims it cannot connect to the
linux boxes when I have run AGServiceManager.py running.

I still think that I am obviously missing something in my setup but I
don't know what.  Is there a step by step set of documentation that
someone can point me at which tells me what needs done for each box in
the node?  I've been looking around but haven't run into such a document
myself.

Open to ideas...

Thanks,
Aaron