[AG-TECH] Scaleable video wall (fwd)

Allan Spale aspale at evl.uic.edu
Fri Mar 26 10:52:37 CST 2004

Hello,

I was just curious to hear if people are thinking about adapting the AG to
tiled displays using clusters of computers for driving the displays.
There is an interesting project called Xdmx that runs on Linux that
permits a bunch of tiled displays to behave as one cohesive display.  This
might renew interest in all-Linux AG nodes.  Imaginge running your AG
session and having some high-end viz apps on the same display (or really
hi-res photos :) ).  Using Adobe Acrobat as a PowerPoint viewer (assuming
the PowerPoints were exported to that format), using a Linux-based tiled
display might be an interesting direction for the AG.

Allan
EVL @ UIC
Research Assistant