[AG-TECH] Rebuilding ag-media on RH9?

Douglas Kosovic douglask at itee.uq.edu.au
Thu Mar 25 18:48:22 CST 2004

Hi Randy,

> Is there a non-obvious secret to successfully building the vic and rat in
> the CVS ag-media directory on RH9?  I've tried all the scripts in the
> directory and am consistently getting massive warning and error messages
> and complaints about missing libraries.  Before I spend any more time on
> this -  is it necessary or can I just scam the executables from a binary
> install (i.e., are there critical changes that I would cause problems)?

You could try rebuilding using the vic & rat SRPM from the following page:
http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~grangenet/ag_fedora/

e.g.
rpmbuild --rebuild AccessGrid-rat-4.2.22-4.fdr.src.rpm
rpm -i /usr/src/redhat/i386/AccessGrid-rat-4.2.22-4.fdr.i386.rpm

Which include patches from the AG cvs repository and a Alsa 1.0 driver
patch. The alsa-lib-devel & alsa-lib-devel packages will need to be
installed before building.

Doug