[AG-TECH] AG on Fedora 1 Core

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Sun Mar 21 15:24:15 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 03:37, Hank Magnuski wrote:
> I'm trying to bring up the AG Venue Client on the Fedora 1 Core using the
> great RPMs that Douglas Kosovic put together.
>
> Whenever I start it, all I get is the message "You are not in a venue",
> and when I go to "My Venues --> Go to Home Venue" it responds with
>
> "Can not connect to venue located at
> https://vv2.mcs.anl.gov:9000/Venues/default
> Please try again"
>
> How can I tell if
>
>  1. I'm doing something stupid.
>
>  2. The Fedora software isn't working properly
>
>  3. This venue server is down
>
> My certificate is current, installed and the proxy appears to be created
> correctly.
>
> Is there an alternate venue server I can try?

Hank,

Another thing to check is whether your machine is properly time
synchronised (using ntp or similar). This is my most common oversight
when building new nodes.

An alternative server is at the Asia Pacific Access Grid:
 https://vv2.ap-accessgrid.org:8000/Venues/default

chris

--
Chris Willing                      Telephone   (61-2) 9351 3914
Sydney Vislab, F09                      Fax    (61-2) 9351 5955