[AG-TECH] AG VenueCient fails after renewing Proxi

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 19 15:20:05 CST 2004

Fred,

I've seen this when the python processes do not exit cleanly.  I usually
use the Task Manager to kill all the python processes and restart my
client.  Still a pain, but quicker than rebooting.

Michael Miller
NCSA

At 01:35 PM 3/19/2004, Fred Dech wrote:
>howdy.
>
>i've had this happen two or three mornings in a row now on a couple WinXP
>machines.
>i fire up AG,
>my Proxi has expired, the dialog comes up and i type in my password,
>AG Client get's to:
>'Started Service Manager'
>and hangs.  the Venue Client GUI never comes up.
>i kill the startup window and try again.  same thing.
>the only way i've figured out how to resolve this is to reboot the
>system.
>even though it didn't show up in the process manager, before the reboot
>the system has to kill a python app.
>
>does this sound familiar to anyone?
>
>it's never happened on a Win2000 box nor a linux box that i have AG2 installed
>on.
>
>you might be asking, "Was there an error-messsage?  What was it?"
>
>well.  there was, actually, but it was in a pop-up that i could't copy and
>paste at the time and i was in an extreme hurry when these occured, so i
>didn't take the time to type or write the error down.  but on Monday
>morning i will.
>
>thanks.
>
>--fred

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec