[AG-TECH] VenueServer and BridgeServer Processes

Emig, Ken Ken.Emig at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Fri Mar 19 13:58:29 CST 2004

Hi,

I am running a 2.1.2 Venue Server in a multicast environment and have a
problem with different rooms in the venue either loosing a unicast
quickbridge or not starting vic intermittently. When I kill the VenueServer,
BridgeServer and quickbridge processes and try to restart, the problem has
not been corrected. If I reboot the machine, then the problem is solved. I
also find that when restarting the BridgeServer without rebooting, that only
one quick bridge starts (sometimes).

Are there any other processes that are involved when the Venue Server and
BridgeServer are started?

Has anyone solved either of these problems.?

Thank you for your help.

Kenneth Emig --- ken.emig at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Tel/Tél (613) 993-6580 Fax (613) 952-7151

Institute for Information Technology/Institut de technologie de
l'information
National Research Council Canada/Conseil national de recherches Canada,
M50, 1200 chemin Montréal Road, Ottawa (Ontario) K1A 0R6