[AG-TECH] Dual Boot PIG

Bill Nickless nickless at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 11 13:59:24 CST 2004

You might also consider using a USB memory key to store your
certificates.  Some people only use USB memory devices to store key
material (like SSH identities or PGP public keys) so that their exposure to
compromise is reduced.

At 01:53 PM 3/11/2004 -0600, Thomas D. Uram wrote:
>Hi Adam:
>
>My laptop is dual boot Redhat and XP.  I've used utilities to access the
>partition of the unbooted OS read-only to copy files back and forth.
>Googling for 'debian ntfs' will get you a solution that direction; I've
>used ext2fsd stuff from ext2.yeah.net to access the linux partition from
>windows.  You could, alternatively, just copy the cert files to the
>network, and then copy them back when you've booted linux.
>
>In any case, you are doing the right thing trying to use your single
>certificate in both places.
>
>Tom
>

>Adam Hanson wrote:
>
>>hey,
>>    I'm currently setting up a notebook to dual boot with debian and
>> windows NT.  I've currently already recieved a certificate through the
>> win system, but was also curious if there would be a way to transfer the
>> certificate from the NTFS partition to the Linux partition so that  I
>> could use this single certificate for both platforms.  Any help would be
>> aprreciated.  Thanks
>>Adam Hanson

===
Bill Nickless    http://www.mcs.anl.gov/people/nickless      +1 630 252 7390