[AG-TECH] Windows XP audio feedback

Robert Olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 11 09:25:51 CST 2004

This makes me (and the next door office if I happen to have the laptop
plugged into my speakers) crazy!

What you probably need to do is go to the playback mixer panel and mute the
microphone. You likely have an AC97-standard codec, and in that standard,
the mute controls control the mic->line out path, which is causing the
feedback.

--bob