[AG-TECH] AGSchedule update

Michael Miller mimiller at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 9 16:25:10 CST 2004

To all users of AGSchedule:

In order to enhance security for AGSchedule we will be implementing a
function which allows node operators to specify a set of valid domains that
will be allowed to register for their site.  For example, at NCSA we would
have a string that looks like this:

ncsa.uiuc.edu;uiuc.edu;ncsa.edu

The domains are separated by semi-colons.  The Edit Site Info page will
have a text entry box that allows node operators to edit this string.

Once the string is entered, email addresses from other domains will not be
accepted for that site by the registration process.  This may cause
confusion for users who utilize non-standard email addresses at your
site.  Please make sure that all appropriate persons are notified of this
change.

This change will not affect any currently registered accounts.  Part of the
installation process will add the domain from the node operator's email
address to the string that designates valid domains for that site.  Some
sites do not have a designated node operator.  This leaves no domain to
specify for that site.  Therefore, that site will stop accepting
registrations from any email address.  To prevent this, make sure your site
has at least one node operator designated on the Site Info page.  Should
you need to register a node operator for your site, please send email to
agschedule at ncsa.uiuc.edu.

We will implement this change on Monday, March 15, 2005.  Email will be
posted to this list and the home page will be updated once the
functionality is in place.  Please check the entries made during the
implementation to be sure that the domains specified for your site are valid.

If you have any questions about this change please send email to
agschedule at ncsa.uiuc.edu

Thanx,

Michael Miller
System Engineer
Visualization Technology Support
Computing and Data Management
University of Illinois - UC
217-649-0747

"If you're clear in your vision and trust the people in your team with
clear objectives, they will invariably do their best to achieve everything
desired, and usually deliver everything you could have hoped for and even
more." -Paul Debevec