[AG-TECH] creating a venue

Ronald Crummett ron_crummett at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 19:26:04 CST 2004

Hello -

Another day, another question.  I think you will all be so sad when I get
this all figured out and don't ask questions anymore... ; )

I have mentioned previously the project I am working on for the University
of Idaho Aquacultural Center (AQC), located near Twin Falls, ID.  The
project has become a little more complicated in that the people at the AQC
would like to connect to several remote areas, namely Indian reservations in
the Pacific Northwest.  I do not know if these reservations will have
multicast-enabled Internet access or not, which I have learned (painfully)
is pretty important.

I have two solutions that I am considering:

1.  The Aquacultural Center sets up a quickbridge by which the reservations
can connect to AccessGrid.

2.  The reservations connect to AccessGrid using VRVS.

I don't know which solution I should favor over the other, and why.  But I
believe that either solution will require creation of a venue specific to
the U of I AQC.  So the first, and I believe most important, question is
this:  how do I create such a venue?  I have had a hard time finding any
documentation on the subject on the AccessGrid web page, though I am sure I
need to look a little more.

The second question regards the two proposed solutions.  I would greatly
appreciate your feedback on the two solutions and any tradeoffs that may
come about.  Thanks so much!

-Ron Crummett