[AG-TECH] AG IPv6 support

Piers O'Hanlon P.OHanlon at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 11:28:32 CST 2004

Hi Ivan,

I noted the announcement of VP with interest - looks good - and appears that
there is some IPv6 code in librtp already - I haven't tested it fully yet. I
wasn't quite clear how to start it if it wasn't part of an AG session.
http://if.anu.edu.au/SW/VP.html

BTW any news on AG updates?

> > deployments.  We both have IPv6 multicast deployed in a
> > production quality environment on 6NET (www.6net.org); both
> > PIM-SM and SSM IPv6 applications.
> > We have had ~30 partner vic/rat IPv6 PIM-SM sessions.   We
> > have used FLUTE
> > and DVTS for IPv6 SSM.
>
> This is what we are interested in understanding and enabling, can you point
> me at more details?

The MAD flute application is available from:

http://www.atm.tut.fi/mad/

The high quality DVTS app is available from:
http://www.sfc.wide.ad.jp/DVTS/

SSM capable version:
http://www-sop.inria.fr/planete/Hitoshi.Asaeda/dvts/

> We have various documents of this flavor on the web (and in cvs):
> http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/fl/research/accessgrid/documentation/index.html
>
> And http://fl-cvs.mcs.anl.gov/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/AccessGrid/doc/

Will take a closer look.

> We're more than happy to answer questions as well.
>
> > We should definitely discuss this in more detail once that
> > analysis is done, as we could be of mutual help :)
>
> Let's plan on it. Are you all coming to the retreat? It'd be a great place
> to sit down and map out a solution.

Which retreat? We are headed to GGF10 next week in Berlin - it would be good
to meet with you (and/or some of your colleagues) if you're there.

Cheers,

Piers.