[AG-TECH] Multi-channel video capture

Osland, CD (Chris) C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk
Thu Mar 4 07:56:52 CST 2004

My quest for efficient video capture of multiple channels via a
single card continues.

I was originally looking at the iTuner Spectra card (with 4 channels)
but have found that the UK supplier has given up 'because of
problems with support'.  Many thanks for those who replied, especially
Bob Riddle; from him I understand that use of the Spectra card
increases the amount of hand-knitting that has to be done whne
switching venues.

My next candidate is the Winnov Videum 4400 VO (or non-VO if I
reckon I can use the audio interfaces to save on a sound card).
Can the list tell me whether this would suffer in the same way
(having to do extra work whenever you change venue)?  I really
want to increase automation, not add extra operator tasks.

Many thanks in advance for any views.

Cheers

Chris Osland

Chris Osland                                               Office tel: +44
(0) 1235 446565
Digital Media and Access Grid                          Medialab tel: +44 (0)
1235 446459
BIT Department                                     Access Grid room tel: +44
(0) 1235 445666
e-mail:   C.D.Osland at rl.ac.uk                                       Fax: +44
(0) 1235 445597
CLRC Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (Bldg. R18)
Chilton, DIDCOT, Oxon OX11 0QX, UK
[The contents of this email are confidential and are for the use of the
intended recipient only.
If you are not the intended recipient do not take any action on it or show
it to anyone else,
but return this email to the sender and delete your copy of it.]