[AG-TECH] First time setup problems [update]

Colin Byelong c.byelong at ucl.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 06:12:09 CST 2004

Hi Nigel,

You will need to configure more than ip multicast-routing for this to work,
Do you know if you will be running PIM in dense mode or sparse mode  ?
either way you will need to configure PIM on your LES link and on your LAN
interface.

As you connect to Cambridge will you be part of there PIM domain if so your
router will need to know where the Cambridge rendezvous point is.

This can be configured or you can run Auto-rp,

Most of the information can be found at:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Support/browse/psp_view.pl?p=Technologies:Multicast

cheers

Colin