[AG-TECH] node registration/institutional lobby?

Lewis Grantham l.grantham at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 3 07:36:52 CST 2004

Hi AG team,

Ive got my global node listing, but am wondering if thats automatically
added as an institutional venue, or am I missing something in this
procedure?

let me know if theres more to do from our end to get added to the rather
long list of IVs on the ANL server.

in the longer term - are the IVs intended to point/redirect towards
localised venue servers? perhaps when the transitional server retires?

also, I wonder if there is any advisory notes on how to set up some
small web links locally in the VV1 style so we can brace a few web pages
locally to run in those situations when the ANL server is offline? (I
can align our VV2 server with any notional IV we may have for AGTK2
users, but would like a local fallback for vv1 users, albeit without
moos).  should be just small static files and mime types on apache yes?

many thanks
lewis

--
Lewis Grantham LLB MSc