[AG-TECH] Whiteboard in AG?

Andrew Daviel andrew at andrew.triumf.ca
Wed Jun 30 23:57:11 CDT 2004

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Markus Buchhorn wrote:

> There's no reason I can see you couldn't use wb/wbd/dlb in the AG today,
> just that they're a bit clunky, old and unmaintained afaik.

I recall wb from years back as being the most reliable Mbone app of the
set (vat,nv,wb,vic ...). The problem was you could only import a 32kb
PostScript file (though you could use lzps to compress it), and not all
PostScript files worked (e.g some from Windows), so it was a bit
frustrating trying to use it for a conference instead of PowerPoint (I
think this was before PowerPoint, or at least before our community had
discovered it - still running LaTeX on VMS and using hand-drawn
overheads ..)

--
Andrew Daviel, TRIUMF, Canada
Tel. +1 (604) 222-7376