[AG-TECH] [BUG] Freeze when leaving a room

Christoph Willing chris at vislab.usyd.edu.au
Sun Jun 27 22:29:51 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-28 at 11:53, Joseph wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've some trouble with my AG2.2. Let me first describe exactly the way it
> happens :
> I launch AG2.2 using : VenueClient.py -d --personalNode .
> When it starts, I enter the Asia Pacific Access Grid Lobby, then I enter a
> room (the test room for example). When I enter this room there is no
> trouble : VIC and RAT are closed and then opened again. But, when I want
> to leave this room, VIC and RAT are closed and then most of the time my
> VenueClient freezes.

[snip]
> 06/28/04 11:31:32 1474570 VenueClient     VenueClient.py:752 DEBUG Setting
> isInVenue flag.

Yes I have exactly the same problem (with Slackware build) and have
submitted a buzilla report for it (#1057).

I believe its actually a problem with _leaving_ a room cleanly; you can
always enter a room just after starting VenueClient, its just going to
another room which causes the hang.

It happens with any server (ANL, APAG) or server version - APAG is
running 2.1.2, but I have also run AG2.2 server here and the VenueClient
has the same problem.

BTW, I only have this problem about 50% of room changes.

chris

--
Chris Willing                     Phone: +61 7 3365 8350
QPSF Access Grid Manager          willing at itee.uq.edu.au
University of Queensland