[AG-TECH] VenueVNCServer issues

Eric Olson eolson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 24 18:28:28 CDT 2004

Hi Michael,
Thank for trying it out.  Here are answers to some of your questions,
although the standard disclaimer applies: we're not really supporting
VenueVNCServer yet :)

1.  They can run on different machines -- the url for the venue can be on
a different machine.

2. Yes, for example, I generally use :1 since :0 is usually taken.

3. They don't need to be installed anywhere specific.  As long as you have
AG 2.2 installed and you have the files from the VenueVNC/server
directory (the current version is in cvs since it hasn't been released
yet).

4. You can fix this by running with python2 before the filename like this:
> python2 /usr/bin/VenueVNCServer.py ...
This can happen if the first line of the file doesn't say where the
python2 executable is located.  I fixed this in VenueVNCServer.py in cvs
just now, so if you use that version, you shouldn't get this error
anymore.

Let us know how it goes,
Eric