[AG-TECH] Syntax errors in some python file

Joseph joseph at cs.usyd.edu.au
Wed Jun 23 20:33:28 CDT 2004

Hi

I've ported AG on debian and I have recently discovered a few syntax
errors. In fact, I discovered these errors a few days ago when I upgraded
my system (something normal for a Debian OS). Some of the upgraded
packages check the python files in the /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages
folder before configuration. This checking failed on 2 AG files because of
syntax errors. The errors are :
- in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/AccessGrid/test/config.py on line 23
there was :
hdlr = Log.StreamHandler())
I have changed it to : hdlr = Log.StreamHandler()
- in /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/pyGlobus/test/config.py around line
23. there are a few files like this one :
rsl = &(executable=/bin/date)
The syntax error comes from the "&(" . As I'm sure how to correct it, I
have just commented (using #) the 3 lines using "&(" and it seems to be ok
(AG still works).

I just wanted to inform you about this kind of bug. Will the AG team
correct these bugs in the source release of AG2.2 or will I have to
correct these bugs while building the debian packages ?

Cheers,
  Joseph