[AG-TECH] AG2.2 networking configuration

Brian Corrie bcorrie at sfu.ca
Sun Jun 20 13:59:02 CDT 2004

Hi Bob,

Is this a potential 2.1.2 to 2.2 migration issue? Did 2.1.2 set the
environment variable or was that something I did to get things to work
at one point??? 8-) I think 2.1.2 does set it explicitly doesn't it???

If 2.1.2 sets the environment variable, then when migrating to 2.2 you
will have to be careful to "unset it" if 2.2 doesn't use it. If 2.1.2
sets the environment variable and doesn't remove it on uninstall you
could have a problem like I did. Note that you won't notice the problem
until a computer changes its IP number (so most installs will probably
not notice it...).

Cheers,

Brian