[AG-TECH] 2.2 video/audio problems. UPDATE

Michael daley Mike.W.Daley at cs.cardiff.ac.uk
Fri Jun 18 05:23:23 CDT 2004

Hi
I have now had success.
This is what I found
The AG2.2 is looking for its services in
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Daley\Application
Data\Accessgrid\local_services
As others have said C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Daley\Application
Data\Accessgrid is not removed if you had a previous AG2 version.
I deleted everything from this folder except the certificates.
Then installed AG2.2
AG2.2 only installs the Audio service and video consumer in
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Daley\Application
Data\Accessgrid\local_services.
So I only got the rat showing.
To get the vic I had to copy the VideoService.zip
and VideoProducer.zip from c:\program files\agtk-2.2 and unzip them into the
C:\Documents and Settings\Michael Daley\Application
Data\Accessgrid\local_services
You then get two folders VideoService and VideoProducerService.
Next I ran the Venue Client
Under Prefs select Manage my Node
Added a videoproducer and saved as the defaultWindows
Now everything works fine except I do get two vic windows. The first has
the venue that I am in the second is just called video and has all the
video streams grey and muted. But otherwise it is working.
All the best
Mike